Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

meack51
Returning Member

If in the question, Where do I enter an SSA-1099, SSA-1099-SM, or SSA-1099-R-OP1?, in the community answer, the jump to link did not work. How do I enter my SSA-1099-SM?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

If in the question, Where do I enter an SSA-1099, SSA-1099-SM, or SSA-1099-R-OP1?, in the community answer, the jump to link did not work. How do I enter my SSA-1099-SM?

Go to Federal> Wages & Income>>Retirement Plans and Social Security  (SSA1099 and 1099RRB) to enter your SSA1099.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
meack51
Returning Member

It will not let me enter anything for social security. So I went to help center, that gave me the community page answer, but the link in the answer does not work.

usagwa

I followed the community answer but when I click on update under section retirement plans and social security the link brings back a blank screen.  advise please how to work around this isssue.

PattiF
Expert Alumni

To get to the screen to enter the SSA-1099-SM, use the search in the upper-right section of the screen

• Type in social security benefits, and use Jump to link
  • Answer Yes and Continue to enter the information on Form SSA-1099-SM
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies