• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edrauch

if i took an covid distribution from my 401k but am still making contributions from my paycheck every two weeks, do those contibutions count as paypack and do they reduce my total taxes owed?

2 Replies
Critter-3
Level 15

if i took an covid distribution from my 401k but am still making contributions from my paycheck every two weeks, do those contibutions count as paypack and do they reduce my total taxes owed?

No they are not considered a payback.   

Opus 17
Level 15

You have to make separate after-tax payments to the plan trustee.  You can't just send them checks, there will be a specific form to fill out for the return of a CARES distribution.  And your current pre-tax contributions count as contributions unless you stop them, take the money in your paycheck, and then use it to make separate payments back. 

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v