Solved: If i open an ira account and do not take any money out, do i have to report ss retirement income on form ssa-1099?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If i open an ira account and do not take any money out, do i have to report ss retirement income on form ssa-1099?

it says if i put money into a retirement account such as a 401 k without taking any money out, i don't have to go through this area.  does that mean if i open an ira and do not take any money from a retirement account, i do not have to report the ss retirment i received reported on ssa-1099?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Alumni

If i open an ira account and do not take any money out, do i have to report ss retirement income on form ssa-1099?

You must report your SSA-1099 on your tax return, no matter what. Do not fail to do so.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Alumni

You must report your SSA-1099 on your tax return, no matter what. Do not fail to do so.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings