turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pategrant

I withdrew funds from IRA in January of 2016, while still a resident of FL. In June moved to NC, are IRA funds taxable by NC?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I withdrew funds from IRA in January of 2016, while still a resident of FL. In June moved to NC, are IRA funds taxable by NC?

No...they are not...

Finish EVERYTHING in you Federal section first....until you Know you have absolutely nothing left to do in teh Fed section...and error checked.

Then, when you go thru the NC part-year tax return, you will be able to remove the 1099-R income from being tagged as NC-Source income.  plan to spend a couple weeks doing, and re-doing the part-year NC income allocations, it take a while to understand how to do it properly. Do it once,print ti out, and then come back a week later after you've studied it, to adjust what $$ amounts are supposed to be considered NC-taxable.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

No...they are not...

Finish EVERYTHING in you Federal section first....until you Know you have absolutely nothing left to do in teh Fed section...and error checked.

Then, when you go thru the NC part-year tax return, you will be able to remove the 1099-R income from being tagged as NC-Source income.  plan to spend a couple weeks doing, and re-doing the part-year NC income allocations, it take a while to understand how to do it properly. Do it once,print ti out, and then come back a week later after you've studied it, to adjust what $$ amounts are supposed to be considered NC-taxable.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies