pategrant

I withdrew funds from IRA in January of 2016, while still a resident of FL. In June moved to NC, are IRA funds taxable by NC?

SteamTrain

No...they are not...

Finish EVERYTHING in you Federal section first....until you Know you have absolutely nothing left to do in teh Fed section...and error checked.

Then, when you go thru the NC part-year tax return, you will be able to remove the 1099-R income from being tagged as NC-Source income.  plan to spend a couple weeks doing, and re-doing the part-year NC income allocations, it take a while to understand how to do it properly. Do it once,print ti out, and then come back a week later after you've studied it, to adjust what $$ amounts are supposed to be considered NC-taxable.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

SteamTrain

No...they are not...