Sorry, no. Funeral expenses are not deductible on a tax return.
The taxable amount withdrawn is entered on your tax return as ordinary income, along with your other income. The federal taxes withheld are entered on your tax return as a tax payment.
To enter a form 1099-R -
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
- On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button
Or enter 1099-r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1099-R