Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I uploaded my 1099-NEC form, but the app didn’t detect my earning all it did who was the payee, why would app ask me to take a picture and then wouldn’t include the amount. Ok i didn’t

Notice that kept all the way till the end, and then luckily I was rejected by irs for misspelling and now I want to fix all of that, how can I do that?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I uploaded my 1099-NEC form, but the app didn’t detect my earning all it did who was the payee, why would app ask me to take a picture and then wouldn’t include the amount. Ok i didn’t

Delete the 1099-NEC that you imported from a picture and type the information in yourself.  Sometimes software just does not work the way it is supposed to and I always check every field when I import something for a file or picture.  Most of the time it works perfectly.

1099-NEC

You will first delete the 1099-NEC that is not accurate.  Then enter it again by typing in the information yourself.

Here are the steps to follow:

• Federal
  • Wages and Income
  • Income from 1099-NEC
  • Delete the 1099-NEC that is there by moving it to the wastebasket
  • Answer the questions about the 1099-NEC
  • Fill in the amount in Box 1 and then answer the questions about the NEC

Review the return and e-file it.

[edited3/20/2021 | 2:53 pm PST]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies