I turned 70 in October of 2017. My only income is from two pensions and Social Security. Can I still put $6,500 into my IRA for 2017?

I'm retired. Since I owe taxes this year, I plan to take my RMD in late April when I hit 70-1/2.  My wife is still employed full-time.  We file a joint return.

You must have earned income to contribute to an IRA.  Pension income and Social Security benefits are not earned income.

Hmmm, then why did TurboTax recommend I put $6,500 into my IRA?  Makes me wonder about the accuracy of TurboTax!!!