Doug482002

I turned 64 in Jan'2019 and did not work in 2019. I have many deductions and wanted to withdrawal some money from my IRA. Do I have to complete the withdrawal by 12/31?

If you wan to report the withdrawal from the IRA on a 2019 tax return then you need to complete the withdrawal on or before 12/31/2019.

macuser_22

And do not wait to the last day to do it because many financial institutions take between 1-3 days to post a distribution (in the fine print of the account agreement) and the year of distribution will depend on the posting date.  Ask your financial institution their policy.