It is best to contact the financial institution that paid your retirement income to request a 1099-R form. However, you can also follow the directions below to create a substitute 1099-R form.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click take me to my return. (unless already in return)
- Click my account, at the top of the page.
- Select Tools in the drop-down menu.
- Click topic search, type in form 1099-R and click go.
- On the next screen, click add another 1099-r and click I'll type it in myself.
- On the next screen, click the box next to, I need to prepare a substitute 1099-r.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
If you took out your retirement your custodian is required to supply your 1099-R. maybe it was lost in the mail.
maybe you turned off mailed forms and it is available only online at the custodian website.