mattbaumann1848

I took an early disbursement of my retirement for education expenses. Where do I enter this? what is the form? How do I get there in TurboTax?

I can't seem to return to the worksheet that allows you to enter how the disbursement was spent. Higher Education was not on the list of qualified expenses.
DanaB27

Please follow these steps:

1. Click on the "Search" on the top and type “1099-R” 
  2. Click on “Jump to 1099-R”  and enter your 1099-R
  3. Click "continue" after all 1099-R are entered and answer all the questions.
  4. Continue until "Did you use your IRA to pay for any of these expenses?" screen (this screen won't come up if you only withdrew your Roth contributions) and enter the amount of higher education expenses.

You should be exempt from the 10% tax on early withdrawals if all of the distribution was spend on higher education.