Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

waia1748

I received my Form 1099-R from the Employees' Retirement System of the State of Hawaii

Why can't I import my tax information?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I received my Form 1099-R from the Employees' Retirement System of the State of Hawaii

@waia1748 

You've signed up for LIVE service...did you want that.  IF so, your Agent can enter it.

In order for TTX to be able to "import" the 1099-R, the provider has to partner with TTX and be willing to create special computer tax files that can be imported into the software.

Thus, thousands of 1099-R providers are NOT partners, because they are not willing to hire the extra staff they would need to create the special file formats required...and also create a special access location that TTX can use.

So...what you do is to NOT attempt to import it, and you select: "Type it in myself", and you use your paper copy to self-enter the data as a 1099-R form in the Retirement Income section on the Federal Wages&Income page.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies