Aww0

I received a distribution under the Heroes Earnings Assistance and Relief Tax Act of 2008 . Under this act I can withdraw tax free. How do I handle the 1099 I received?

dmertz

A qualified reservist distribution only penalty free, not tax free.  When asked if any of the listed situations apply, indicate the amount that was distributed due to being a reservist serving on active duty for at least 180 days.

To enter, edit or delete a form 1099-R -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button

Or enter 1099-r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1099-R