Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received 2 1099-DIVs from one of my investments, but Turbo Tax only imported 1! Why did it not pick up both? Of course the IRS picked up both, sigh

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I received 2 1099-DIVs from one of my investments, but Turbo Tax only imported 1! Why did it not pick up both? Of course the IRS picked up both, sigh

Depends on the situation.

1)  My mom got 2....but the second one came in March...because, for certain holdings, they are not forced to send them out until March.  SO you may have imported and filed before the second was issued.

2)  For vanguard...certain legacy Mutual Fund accounts are issued separately form their newer Brokerage accounts.  If you still have both account types, then you have to import separately from both.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

3)  or one was a corrected 1099-DIV that was issued later.  I've had that happen.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies