I receive retirement benefits from my employer. Do...

I receive retirement benefits from my employer. Do I have to include my social security benefits on my tax return?

Yes you do.

Do not try to enter your SSA1099  or RR1099RB as a W-2.  Go to Federal> Wages & Income>>Retirement Plans and Social Security  (SSA1099 and 1099RRB) to enter your SSA1099.

To enter your retirement income, Go to  Federal> Wages and Income>Retirement Plans and Social Security>IRA  401 k) Pension Plan Withdrawals to enter your 1099R.

Yes, you do need to include your Social Security benefits on your tax return.

Depending on your filing status and the other income you have on your return your Social Security benefits may be taxable.

Link to Frequently Asked Questions about Social Security Benefits