turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oct 16 is the IRS deadline–file confidently with expert help. File Now
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

I put the wrong social sec number in

This feature is pending. Thanks for your patience.
Didn't get the answer you wanted? Would you like to view more questions that might be relevant?
1 Reply
New Member

I put the wrong social sec number in

If you have NOT already e-filed follow the instructions below. If you HAVE already e-filed you will have to wait until your return is "rejected" by the IRS to go in and make the correction.

Go to www.TurboTax.com

  • Log into TurboTax Online
  • Click the box Take Me to My Return
  • Look to select the Personal Info tab select Edit next your name or whomever has the incorrect social security number.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies