I'm not permanently disabled&back to working full time,however I was injured&unable to work for10mths last year. Does this qualify me for the GA retirement exclusion?

Below are the requirements for the GA retirement/disability income exclusion:

• Georgia allows taxpayers age 62-64 to exclude up to $35,000 or retirement income on their tax return. Taxpayers under age 62 and permanently disabled also qualify for the exclusion. 
  • Taxpayers age 65 or older can exclude up to $65,000 of their retirement income on their tax return. 
  • Both the taxpayer and the spouse can qualify for the exemption. However, each must qualify individually. If both spouses qualify, they can each claim the amount indicated based on their ages. 

Since you were able to go back to work, you were not permanently disabled.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing