Solved: I’m completing my federal return and imputing my 1...

I’m completing my federal return and imputing my 1099-G for Indiana Unemployment. It’s saying to enter a number for box 10b, but my form only has boxes 10a &12a.

Also, is “locality” on where I enter my 1099-G on Turbo Tax the same as box 12a locality on my 1099-G. This is my first time sealing with a 1099 from unemployment (thanks, Covid) and I don’t want to mess up my taxes.

Look to see if the bottom of your hard-copy has a state identification number along with the rest of the information that is on the bottom of the form. Also double-check to make sure that you reported your 1099G as Unemployment Benefits. The State identification number may be listed as an EIN number on your hardcopy and is a nine-digit number. Record that number in Box 10B as Turbo Tax instructs you to do.

If there were not any state taxes withheld and reported in box 11 of your Form 1099-G, then you do not need to complete boxes 10a and 10b.  Leave all three boxes blank, even the drop-down box showing your state.  

If you are using TurboTax Online, there is a place to enter local income tax withholdings and locality name.  Only enter this information in both boxes if local taxes were withheld.  If your form only shows a locality, but no taxes withheld, then leave both boxes empty.  (If you are using a CD/downloaded version of TurboTax, there is no place to enter any locality information.  That information would need to be handled separately when completing the local tax return if applicable.)

[edited 1/25/2021 | 2:12 pm PST]

Thank you for your reply, but I am still confused. There were state taxes withheld. I have my state, IN, listed in box 10a on my 1099-G, along with the amount withheld in box 11. Turbo Tax is telling me I also need to enter what’s in box 10b on my 1099-G, but my form does not have a box 10b. 

That resolved the issue. Thank you!