jbailey1639

I keep getting an error regarding my W2 where there is an amount of $3120 on box 12W and then I have a separate 1099-SA where the gross distribution is $2060

it keeps erroring and stating something about how 12W must meet spouse amount??

BMcCalpin

I cannot recognize that message. It would be helpful if
  1. you could give us the exact error message and
  2. tell us where you are in the program (in the W-2 section or the HSA interview).
Note that the amount on the W-2 (contributions to an HSA) has no direct connection to the amount on the 1099-SA (distributions from an HSA).

Since the HSA persists from year to year, if you contribute more in a year than you spend, the remaining amount carries over to be available for distribution the following year.

Also indicate if you are married filing joint,.if you and your spouse both have separate HSAs, and if either of the HSAs (if two) are a family plan.

BMcCalpin