Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have used Turbotax for 10+ years but used a CPA last year because I wanted to get credit for my QCD from my IRA. Can I get help to do that? George Davis

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have used Turbotax for 10+ years but used a CPA last year because I wanted to get credit for my QCD from my IRA. Can I get help to do that? George Davis

Yes TurboTax will take you through that when you enter the 1099-R for the IRA distribution. After entering the basic information, one of the follow up screens will ask: Transfer to Charity? Answer the questions and the QCD will be handled.

What do you want help with?  Do you still need to file 2022?  Entering a QCD in Turbo Tax should be easy.  You will get a 1099R for the distribution.  After you enter the 1099R it will ask what you did with it.  It won't be taxable.   

To do 2023 you can buy the Desktop program now at

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/ 

If you want to use the Online version it won't open for a couple weeks.  Keep checking back.  If you used something else to do 2022 you won't be able to transfer it into 2023 so you will need to start fresh.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies