hasi1

I have lived in Washington all year. I am getting money from my school district in Nebraska as part of an early retirement incentive. How do I file that?

You do not have state income tax in WA.  But the 1099R has to be entered on your federal return.

To enter your retirement income, Go to  Federal> Wages and Income>Retirement Plans and Social Security>IRA  401 k) Pension Plan Withdrawals to enter your 1099R.

DavidS127

If the income is reported as retirement income, i.e., reported on a Form 1099-R, you do not have a Nebraska filing obligation.

[Edited 1/22/2020 | 12:32pm PST]

DinaB15

I spread my early retirement incentive over 3 years and for 2019 they paid me on a 1099-Misc. I am not self-employed and need to claim this on both federal and California taxes, but how? I also received a W-2 for substitute work I performed.

DianeC958

The income you receive from taking early retirement incentive is considered self-employed income and needs to be reported on your return that way.  You will be charged Self-Employment tax on the amount.

@DinaB15