turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sdsd5441

I have blank for 20a in my 1040 form, which means I don't get any tax refunds. And I am not sure why because [PII] Federal income tax withheld from Forms W-2.

I have the whole refund section 19~20 blank on my 1040. I am a college student who works at [PII]. Also, I am a Full-time Student.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

I have blank for 20a in my 1040 form, which means I don't get any tax refunds. And I am not sure why because [PII] Federal income tax withheld from Forms W-2.

Please do not post personal info here. It is a public forum. Your wages were more than your standard deduction. You had taxable income. The tax that was withheld was not a sufficient amount to cover the tax. You have a small balance due.

sdsd5441

What about the taxes I payed for Employee taxes . I have payed about 400$. Sorry it's my first time getting this done.

You do not get back anything that was withheld for Social Security or Medicare.  Someday when you are older you will be eligible for Social Security and Medicare benefits based on paying that from your paychecks now.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I removed the tax return you posted here.  This is a public website and can be seen by anyone on the internet including scammers and identity thieves.  Please do not post your personal documents here.  Being a full-time student does not make you exempt from paying tax.  You are most likely a dependent on someone else's return, which means your standard deduction is lower than the $12,000 standard deduction for a Single filer who is not anyone else's dependent.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
sdsd5441

I don't understand how my income is more then $12,000. I have received not even half of the $12,000.
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Look at the first line. It was over 13k. You did not receive that amount because taxes were withheld.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies