I have an nr4 from Canada income code 40, I register it in the Canadian registered pension plan but I can't deduct the taxes that I paid. I read in a post to register it under the ssa-1099 but I gives the false impression that I receive social security b

emateoss

PatriciaR

To enter any foreign tax you already paid to Canada, follow these steps:

• Select the Deductions & Credits sub-tab (under Federal Taxes, top of program)
  • Select Foreign Taxes under Estimates and Other Taxes Paid (may have to click "skip to all tax breaks" to see all deduction choices)

Enter the amounts on your NR4 converted to U.S. dollars as of the transaction date. Please click this link for historical conversion rates:   https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsreports/rpt/treasRptRateExch/treasRptRateExch_home.htm