turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a credit on line 18e of my 1040 -- excess social security, multiple employers. Should I expect that to be automatically paid back to my account if accepted?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a credit on line 18e of my 1040 -- excess social security, multiple employers. Should I expect that to be automatically paid back to my account if accepted?

Yes it is included in your refund or reduced the tax due.

If you had more than one employer and  the total of box 4 (only box 4 not box 6) on all your 2019 W2s  for Social Security is more than $8,239.80 you get the excess back on your tax return.  And it is for each spouse separately, not combined.  Check 1040 Schedule 3 line 11 for it.  Then Schedule 3 goes to 1040 line 18d.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes it is included in your refund or reduced the tax due.

If you had more than one employer and  the total of box 4 (only box 4 not box 6) on all your 2019 W2s  for Social Security is more than $8,239.80 you get the excess back on your tax return.  And it is for each spouse separately, not combined.  Check 1040 Schedule 3 line 11 for it.  Then Schedule 3 goes to 1040 line 18d.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies