Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dsnow10

I have a 1099R that shows the total for 4 withdrawals. 3 are taxable and the 4th was moved to E Jones. Distribution Code 7. How can I split the non taxable portion?

Bad advice from Edward Jones Rep had the bank make the check out to the individual instead of EJ.  Bank coded it as Withdrawal instead of rollover.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a 1099R that shows the total for 4 withdrawals. 3 are taxable and the 4th was moved to E Jones. Distribution Code 7. How can I split the non taxable portion?

After you enter the 1099R it will ask you what you did with it.  You pick you moved or rolled part or all of it to a new account.  Then it will expand and ask you how much.  

View solution in original post

6 Replies

After you enter the 1099R it will ask you what you did with it.  You pick you moved or rolled part or all of it to a new account.  Then it will expand and ask you how much.  

dsnow10

I have TurboTax Deluxe and it does not expand and ask how much.

See the 2 screen shots I just posted on this one.  There are a couple other choices you have to make for the screens to expand

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/retirement/discussion/1099-r-distribution-with-indirect-rollover/0... 

dsnow10

What Version of TurboTax?  Deluxe and Premere does not expand.  Could Coder 7 - Normal Distribution cause this?  I show I put in in and IRA account in 2023 and it does not give me any other options.

All versions have it.  Delete the 1099R and try entering it again.

dsnow10

VolvoGirl,

I want to thank you for your help.  Upgrade to Premium version and restarted Turbotax, deleted the 1099R that was giving me trouble and re-entered it.  The screen expands as you described.  You are awesome.

Thanks, 

Darrell

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies