Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a 1099R that is a withdraw and They listed it as ordinary distribution but it’s a rollover. How do I correct this when filing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a 1099R that is a withdraw and They listed it as ordinary distribution but it’s a rollover. How do I correct this when filing?

@lorrainegalloway wrote:

It was a cCD in an IRA. 7 is in box 7. 
i also have a 54xx something from the receiving bank showing it was a rollover. 

Go back to the Form 1099-R section and edit the 1099-R that you entered.  Continue past the entry screen.  You will come to a screen Tell us if you moved the money through a rollover or conversion

If applicable select I rolled over some or all of it to an IRA or other retirement account within the time limits (normally 60 days)

Answer the questions in the following screens and continue until the section completes.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

What type of account was rolled over?  What is the code in box 7?
JillS56
Expert Alumni

If you have received a 1099R for a rollover and it is not coded G for rollover, you need to go back to your financial advisor and ask them to provide you will a corrected 1099R.   This cannot be corrected when filing, you need to get it corrected.

@lorrainegalloway wrote:

Go back to the Form 1099-R section and edit the 1099-R that you entered.  Continue past the entry screen.  You will come to a screen Tell us if you moved the money through a rollover or conversion

If applicable select I rolled over some or all of it to an IRA or other retirement account within the time limits (normally 60 days)

Answer the questions in the following screens and continue until the section completes.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies