I have a 1099R its a basic monthly pension i get and it keeps wanting me to tell them what i used the money for

why is it asking me about retirement plan distribution this is a regular pension

TurboTax is covering all the bases for retirement distributions, making sure none of the money was rolled over to another retirement account.  The tax consequences are different based on what you did with the money.

Your pension is, as you said, your basic monthly pension, so TurboTax is trying to making sure. 

• You should answer that "I did something else with it (cashed out, etc)".