andyandbethpater

I have a 1099-R amount that I need to report as a rollover to another IRA. How do I indicate that is was rolled over to another IRA?

IRA rollover
AnnetteB6

After you enter the Form 1099-R, one of the follow-up questions will pertain to whether the amount was rolled into another type of retirement account.  Be sure that this question is answered accurately to get the correct tax treatment for your distribution.   

andyandbethpater

Thanks very much for your reply.  I finally figured out that since it was a distribution code type "G" the amount was automatically calculated as a rollover.  As a result I was not asked the follow-up question about what I did with the distribution amount.  Confused for a while but I'm back on track now.  Thanks again.