Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

d_k_g

I found out I should have claimed amounts from Bursaries received from OSAP. Will rectifying this information reduce the amount of money I got back as a refund?

So as a full time Student, I work for four months of the year and survive the rest of the year on whatever I earned in those four months. So naturally money gets really tight near the end of school so I rely on whatever refund I get back on my tax return. This usually results in me making mistakes that I catch later on and this year I completely forgot to include Bursary / loan amounts from OSAP. I only remembered because the day after I filed my taxes they emailed me telling me to claim these amounts. So obviously I need to rectify this but I'd like to know ahead of that whether or not this is going to reduce the refund I ended up receiving. Because if it reduces, I need to reevaluate everything and figure out how I'm going to pay that back

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Anita01

I found out I should have claimed amounts from Bursaries received from OSAP. Will rectifying this information reduce the amount of money I got back as a refund?

Are you filing a Canadian return?

Country = Netherlands
d_k_g

Canadian, sorry that should have automatically been set
Anita01

You're asking this in the US tax return forum.  You'll get a better answer in the Forum for Canadian returns:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/tax-help

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies