Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did not work in 2020 i recieved retirement i need to fix that i do not have a w 2 i have a 1099r the question taht i need to enter no, 16 is not in 1099r?

i need to replace my income ro retirement to ohio public emp sys not income from emplolyment i do not have a w2 i have 1099r how do i fix it?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

I did not work in 2020 i recieved retirement i need to fix that i do not have a w 2 i have a 1099r the question taht i need to enter no, 16 is not in 1099r?

If you need to delete the W-2 please follow these steps:

1. Click on "Search" on the top right and type “W-2”
  2. Click on “Jump to W-2” and you should see the “Here's your W-2 info” screen
  3. Click the "trash icon" next to the W-2

For the 1099-R please make sure you select the right form on the "Who gave you a 1099-R?" screen . Please follow these steps if you have a CSA 1099-R  instead of a regular 1099-R:

1. Click on the "Search" on the top right and type “1099-R”
  2. Click on “Jump to 1099-R” 
  3. On the "Who gave you a 1099-R?" screen select "Office of Personnel Management (CSA 1099-R) For U.S. Government Civil Service retiree annuity"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

An Ohio OPERS pension is NOT a CSA-1099-R, it is a regular 1099-R

But OPERS irresponsibly mis-numbered boxes 12,13,14 for their 2020 1099-R form .  Read how to deal with it here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/1099-r-form-from-ohio-public-employees-how-to-rep.....

For your unneeded W-2 that may have transferred  in empty from last year's tax return, you can delete it entirely in the Federal Wages&Income section.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies