youngblood444

I contributed to a retirement account in the past years but never filed for it. can i file it all this year to get some cash back

Contributed by what way?  Payroll deductions or something else?
youngblood444

payroll deductions on one and a set amount coming out of my bank account monthly on the other
IreneS

No.  You can only deduct 2017 contributions on a 2017 return.  However, you can amend your previous years' returns to get the benefit of the retirement account contribution.

Please see the following FAQ for information on amending a return you already filed:

fanfare

payroll deductions are already accounted for on your tax return through your W-2,..

If you have been putting other money into an IRA, you should be reporting this also on your tax return.