Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can't finish because 'Check this entry' won't let me. I have no other 1099-R to fill in. help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I can't finish because 'Check this entry' won't let me. I have no other 1099-R to fill in. help!

Sometimes taxpayers accidentally open the 1099-R screen which adds a 1099-R even though they actually didn't want to and didn't enter any data.

#1 If you don't have any 1099-Rs, then try the following (this is for the Online product):

• Go to Tax Tools (on the left).
  • Select Tools and click on "Delete a form" under the Tools Center that appears.
  • You will now see a long list of "forms" (many are just worksheets).
  • You should delete anything that begins with "Form 1099-R", and after you have deleted any and all, go farther down the list and delete "Forms 1099-R Summary".

#2 If on the other hand, you do have a 1099-R , then you need to return to the entry section for 1099-Rs (Federal->Wages & Income->Retirement Plans & Social Security and click on "IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R)"). You should see a list of 1099-Rs that you have entered. 

If there is one or more 1099-Rs that don't have a name (in the Paid By column), then this is probably an incomplete 1099-R that was accidentally created. If you don't know what it is, deleted it (on the far right).

Then recheck your entries on the other 1099-Rs (if any), and continue your return.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Sometimes taxpayers accidentally open the 1099-R screen which adds a 1099-R even though they actually didn't want to and didn't enter any data.

#1 If you don't have any 1099-Rs, then try the following (this is for the Online product):

• Go to Tax Tools (on the left).
  • Select Tools and click on "Delete a form" under the Tools Center that appears.
  • You will now see a long list of "forms" (many are just worksheets).
  • You should delete anything that begins with "Form 1099-R", and after you have deleted any and all, go farther down the list and delete "Forms 1099-R Summary".

#2 If on the other hand, you do have a 1099-R , then you need to return to the entry section for 1099-Rs (Federal->Wages & Income->Retirement Plans & Social Security and click on "IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R)"). You should see a list of 1099-Rs that you have entered. 

If there is one or more 1099-Rs that don't have a name (in the Paid By column), then this is probably an incomplete 1099-R that was accidentally created. If you don't know what it is, deleted it (on the far right).

Then recheck your entries on the other 1099-Rs (if any), and continue your return.

It was resolved, thanks Brianna, for her help.  Thanks Ed Taylor

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies