turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

d192854

I answered the age question wrong for a retirement withdrawal. I was over 59.5 years of age when I made the withdrawal

I answered the age question for a 1099R withdrawal.  I was over 59.5 when I made the withdrawal.  When I went back to edit the 1099r, it doesn't ask the age question.  How do I make that change

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AmandaR1

I answered the age question wrong for a retirement withdrawal. I was over 59.5 years of age when I made the withdrawal

Because form 1099-R accounts for so many situations, when you make a mistake in answering a questions, it's best add the form 1099-R again and then delete your prior entry. To do so, follow the steps below. 

1. Login and click 'Take me to my return'
  2. Select the 'Federal Taxes' tab and then click the 'Wages & Income' tab below it (If you have the blue button 'Check for more income' click it and then click 'Skip to see all income')
  3. Scroll down to 'Retirement Plans and Social Securityand click the blue hyperlink 'Show more' 
  4. Click 'Start' or 'Revisit' next to 'IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R)'
  5. Next, since you've already entered a form 1099-R, you'll be on a summary screen of your retirement forms entered. Click "+ Add Another 1099-R" to add your form again. You'll have the option to import it or you can simply select "I'll type it in myself.
  6. After, come back into this section and click the blue 'Delete' hyperlink, to the right of the 'Edit' button to delete your form (or vice versa). 
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies