turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

null58

I answer yes, that some or all of my pension withdrawal for 2018 was an RMD, and the next Turbo tax cancels the yes answer and leaves the space blank. Why?

Every month you get the same amount from your pension, except for January, when there are minor changes.  These payments are  not a Required Minimum Distribution --they are just periodic payments of your pension income.  So do we still say it's an RMD and claim for some obscure reason that they are not periodic?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

I answer yes, that some or all of my pension withdrawal for 2018 was an RMD, and the next Turbo tax cancels the yes answer and leaves the space blank. Why?

You can say NO to the RMD question.  If you are not 70-1/2 and taking the RMD amount, this does not apply to you.

It makes no difference in your tax return.

More info:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302117

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you are over 70 1/2 you say Yes it is the RMD and yes you get periodic payments.  Even once a year is periodic or regular.  Doesn't matter if the amounts are different each month.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies