null58

I answer yes, that some or all of my pension withdrawal for 2018 was an RMD, and the next Turbo tax cancels the yes answer and leaves the space blank. Why?

Every month you get the same amount from your pension, except for January, when there are minor changes.  These payments are  not a Required Minimum Distribution --they are just periodic payments of your pension income.  So do we still say it's an RMD and claim for some obscure reason that they are not periodic?
MarilynG

You can say NO to the RMD question.  If you are not 70-1/2 and taking the RMD amount, this does not apply to you.

It makes no difference in your tax return.

More info:

If you are over 70 1/2 you say Yes it is the RMD and yes you get periodic payments.  Even once a year is periodic or regular.  Doesn't matter if the amounts are different each month.