turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

geemarcus

I am filing my state return my mail. Do I need to make copies of my 1099-G forms to include if I only got a "Copy B for recipient"?

Instructions from TurboTax states: "Be sure to attach the state copy of form(s) W-2, W-2G, and any form 1099 to your return".

I have attached to W-2s, but there are no "state copies" of the 1099-G forms. One is for unemployment, and includes federal income tax withheld in box 4. The other is just my state refund from last year.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

I am filing my state return my mail. Do I need to make copies of my 1099-G forms to include if I only got a "Copy B for recipient"?

You shouldn't need to attach the 1099-G.

If you have any 1099-R forms, one copy of each should be attached. Generally, if you must send a copy to the IRS or the state department of revenue, then you get multiple copies from the issuer.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

You shouldn't need to attach the 1099-G.

If you have any 1099-R forms, one copy of each should be attached. Generally, if you must send a copy to the IRS or the state department of revenue, then you get multiple copies from the issuer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies