turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is the inheritance tax on an IRA in pennsylvania and is there state tax on top of that ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What is the inheritance tax on an IRA in pennsylvania and is there state tax on top of that ?

https://revenue-pa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/988/related/1

Am I required to pay inheritance tax on an IRA I inherited?

If the decedent was over 59 1/2 years old at the time of death, the IRA will be subject to inheritance tax. The rate of tax is determined by the relationship of the beneficiary to the decedent. The PA Inheritance tax ranges from zero percent for a spouse to 15% for unrelated person.

Inherited IRAs are not subject to PA personal income tax (code 4 in box 7 of 1099R).

View solution in original post

2 Replies

https://revenue-pa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/988/related/1

Am I required to pay inheritance tax on an IRA I inherited?

If the decedent was over 59 1/2 years old at the time of death, the IRA will be subject to inheritance tax. The rate of tax is determined by the relationship of the beneficiary to the decedent. The PA Inheritance tax ranges from zero percent for a spouse to 15% for unrelated person.

Inherited IRAs are not subject to PA personal income tax (code 4 in box 7 of 1099R).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies