Canada Pension Plan (CPP), Quebec Pension Plan (QPP), and Old Age Security (OAS) plan benefits paid to a US resident are treated as US social security benefits. Enter the amount received in box 5 of the SSA-1099 form in TurboTax.
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
- On Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099), click the start or update button
Or enter ssa-1099 in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to ssa-1099
@KAR7 Enter nine 9s for the ID.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post