Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I go about starting to pay on 1099 now instead of wait til return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

What form 1099 are you referring to and why do you think you need to pay taxes based on this form 1099?

There are almost two dozen different form 1099's, such as 1099-R, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, 1099-S, SSA-1099, 1099-C, etc.

You file one tax return for the year that lists all your income, deductions and credits, and calculates your tax owed.  If you have income during the year that is not subject to tax withholding (such as payment from a client, or sales of stocks and other assets, or prizes, or other types of 1099 income) you can make an estimated tax payment, but the 1099 must still be listed on your tax return and used to calculate your overall tax.  You will get credit for the estimated payment you made.  To make an estimated payment, go to www.irs.gov/payments and choose "2021 estimated payments" or "2021 form 1040-ES" from the dropdown menu.

Turbotax is not designed to calculate your estimated payment for you.  If you are in business, you might get those figures from your business accounting program, or you can use the IRS estimated tax calculator. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/tax-withholding-estimator

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies