Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I fill out schedule 3 line 11 when I switched employers to one that is a subsidiary with the same FED ID and have excess social security between the two and no W2c

My employer said that they don't give W2cs because they are an "Agent Reporting" and I would need to claim the refund by completing Schedule 3 (From 1040) Part ll and Line 11
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

How do I fill out schedule 3 line 11 when I switched employers to one that is a subsidiary with the same FED ID and have excess social security between the two and no W2c

TurboTax used to have a way to handle this situation like with a PEO.  In this situation, our code would allow a refund on the equivalent of Schedule 3, line 11 (everything has changed since then). However, that changed when our clients started getting letters from the IRS, disputing this treatment.

Do you have the CD/download product? If so, you can override Schedule 3, line 11.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks so much for your answer. Unfortunately, since I just use the online version do I have any way to get that put in there?

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Sorry, I just saw your reply.

No, there is not a way to do an override in the Online product.

Or, you can do it the old-fashioned way: print the return, make the change, and mail it in. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies