turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

patsmom96

How do i enter a 1099r in turbotax business

I am using TurboTax Business to file taxes for a trust. We received a 1099R with federal withholding and there is no place to enter the details on the form for the trust. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Click the Federal Taxes tab, click Income, and then click the Start button to the right of Other income or loss (see the first two screenshots).

To enter the withholding, use Forms Mode (click the Forms icon in the upper right side of the screen). In Forms Mode, open Form 1041, enter the federal income tax withheld on Line 25e, and check the 1099 box (see third screenshot).

TTBiz1099R1.pngTTBiz1099R2.pngTTBiz1099R3.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Click the Federal Taxes tab, click Income, and then click the Start button to the right of Other income or loss (see the first two screenshots).

To enter the withholding, use Forms Mode (click the Forms icon in the upper right side of the screen). In Forms Mode, open Form 1041, enter the federal income tax withheld on Line 25e, and check the 1099 box (see third screenshot).

TTBiz1099R1.pngTTBiz1099R2.pngTTBiz1099R3.png

Received a 1099-R for trust and entered in the taxable amount in the "Other Income" tab.  The 1099 had a distribution code as 4D but there is nowhere to enter anything other than the taxable amount of the distribution.  I assume that it is not necessary to enter in anything other than the taxable amount of the distribution?

@ron6612 wrote:

I assume that it is not necessary to enter in anything other than the taxable amount of the distribution?

Correct. "4D" just indicates the distribution is due to death and is generally taxable.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies