glynch45

How do I close a post after I've received the answer?

Carl

YOu don't. An answered post is removed from the "unanswered" queue and moved to the "answered" queue. Folks by default, only see what's in the unanswered queue. They see the answered queue only if they change their default view to that queue, or to the "all questions" queue.

That's why I "answered" Solved in Comments to OP's other two Q's. That way they get moved to the Answered queue.
glynch45

OK, thanks.  I had received multiple answers to my question and I just didn't folks to spin their wheels on something that has been answered.
Carl

Multiple comments allow for diversity and/or clarity is all. Remember, this is a user-to-user forum. Nobody here claims to be a tax expert on all matters. So it helps to have multiple answers. If it doesn't provide clarity to the original question, then it promotes a more refined question more on target to what the poster needs.

If you don't want any more emails then adjust your notification settings by clicking on the icon next to the bell in the upper right corner.