caanderson64

How do I claim my exemption for the withdrawal I made from my retirement plan do to Hurricane Irma? The flow stated that it is not up-to-date right now.

LinaJ2018

If you were adversely affected by Hurricane Katrina, Rita, or Wilma, and received a distribution from 401(k)s and similar employer-sponsored retirement plans, IRS allows you to file a Form 8915 Qualified Hurricane Retirement Plan Distributions to receive favorable tax treatments.   If you need to file this form, per IRS e-filing, it is expected to be available 3/15/2018.  Please see IRS Forms

If you do not want to wait for IRS updates, you can file without the Form 8915 and amend later when the form is finalized and available.  

However, if the form does not apply to you, simply remove it from the program. 

To delete the form in the TurboTax online version:

1.  Sign into your account, select Take me to my return

2.  On your left, Select Tax Tools / drop down menu

3.  Select Tools

4.  Under Other helpful links, choose Delete Form 8915 and Continue with My Return to proceed