turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I claim my exemption for the withdrawal I made from my retirement plan do to Hurricane Irma? The flow stated that it is not up-to-date right now.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

How do I claim my exemption for the withdrawal I made from my retirement plan do to Hurricane Irma? The flow stated that it is not up-to-date right now.

If you were adversely affected by Hurricane Katrina, Rita, or Wilma, and received a distribution from 401(k)s and similar employer-sponsored retirement plans, IRS allows you to file a Form 8915 Qualified Hurricane Retirement Plan Distributions to receive favorable tax treatments.   If you need to file this form, per IRS e-filing, it is expected to be available 3/15/2018.  Please see IRS Forms

If you do not want to wait for IRS updates, you can file without the Form 8915 and amend later when the form is finalized and available.  

However, if the form does not apply to you, simply remove it from the program. 

To delete the form in the TurboTax online version:

1.  Sign into your account, select Take me to my return

2.  On your left, Select Tax Tools / drop down menu

3.  Select Tools

4.  Under Other helpful links, choose Delete Form 8915 and Continue with My Return to proceed

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies