turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I change language preference? for some reason it check marked some other language instead of English

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

How do I change language preference? for some reason it check marked some other language instead of English

Where are you seeing this in the program? 

Which version of TurboTax are you using?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I need to change language preference

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You must be using the Canadian version of TurboTax. This site is for the US version of the program. You can request help for that by using this link:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

How do I move the language from American Samoa English to American English?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please get in touch with TurboTax support to change your language preferences.  

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Intuit   

I talked to three agents yesterday. First one cut me off. Second one didn't know how to do this so turned me over to agent three. She couldn't help either. This is a very simple question and I don't understand why I can't get an answer.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please see the resolution posted by @ColeenD3 for information on how to change the language preference.

@dkaegi

My turbo turned into Spanish I need English 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@Speranza  

You will find that entry at the bottom of the Personal Info section on the first page. You may need to edit every section until it appears.

I have tried updating my personal information several times and there is no option to change it back to English. Can someone help? I cannot read Spanish but need to get them done 

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

From the Spanish language experience, you are able to switch to English by choosing the Cambiar a inglés option in the left navigation menu.

That is not an option. I have Cuenta de intuit or Cerrar sesion 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

I have attached a screenshot and circled in red the option to change your language back to English.  If you don't see this option, you will need assistance from our phone support team.  To speak with a TurboTax Expert, refer to the instructions in the following Help Article:  How do I contact TurboTax?  @Dkrutsinger2000 

what is the answer? It aways comes up in Spanish, I click English and it works. I then clicked Always English. It stayed Spanish and never saw language option again,[email address removed]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies