Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vossmar1

I am self employed with 60 K net income. Turbo tax calculates my self employed 401K at 14 K which is very low. What is correct method to get appropriate calculation?

answers missed the mark this is for 2018 return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I am self employed with 60 K net income. Turbo tax calculates my self employed 401K at 14 K which is very low. What is correct method to get appropriate calculation?

Here is a calculator   https://scs.fidelity.com/products/mobile/sepMobile.shtml

Do you have a job with a 401K contribution already?
vossmar1

I used the Fidelity numbers but TT said I was over contributed and did not give tax benefit

Do you have other income from a job and have a retirement plan?
vossmar1

no
vossmar1

It overrides me and enters a number as a Keogh contribution

Is this a 401K or SEP IRA?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies