Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello, I can't see the form IT-1099-R "Summary of Federal Form 1099-R Statements" part of my NY tax return, as I have a 1099-R form. Can you detail how to fix this issue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Hello, I can't see the form IT-1099-R "Summary of Federal Form 1099-R Statements" part of my NY tax return, as I have a 1099-R form. Can you detail how to fix this issue?

If this is for the 2019 tax return then be aware the downloaded program is FAR from functional and the online version is not working yet.

So did you download a prior year return program ? Or are you looking at the PDF of the prior year return ?

Thanks for your reply!

It is the PDF for the 2018 NY tax return... I downloaded it using TurboTax software

Do you have an idea how to fix it?

@nissnac 

Right now...during the 2018-2019 change-over...the Online software's PDF for 2018 contains only the bare filing copies.. 

In another week or two, when Online has fully transitioned to 2019, then the 2018 PDF will contain all the forms and backup worksheets.  Look for it in that new PDF in a couple weeks.

If you make sure you download the PDF with all the forms and worksheets before ~15-20 October every year, then you'll have it...but between ~ 20 Oct-mid Dec, the Online software is in-transition, and the filing PDF is the only one you can get. 

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thank you for your reply. However, the issue still exists.

My NY tax return ends with page "Summary of W-2 Statements" and does not include any page "Summary of Federal Form 1099-R Statements".

I can't mail my tax return to State Processing Center if the document is incomplete.

Can you please help?

1) Make sure you download your PDF file again today.....don't use an old download.

2) "Supposedly" the IT-1099-R is only needed if any of your 1099-R forms: "....show New York State, New York City, or Yonkers withholding." 

Otherwise, the IT-1099-R may not be needed at all for a paper-filing of NY taxes.

@rjs   Anything you can add-in here ?  I'm not really a NY person.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies