texasnewcomer

Has anyone ever realized a year late that Turbo Tax software didn't calculate RMDs for both my husband and me? On line 15 it translated only my husband's RMD.

I would like to speak to a Turbo Tax representative.

fanfare

if you both took an RMD, then you would have received two 1099-Rs for that activity.

You only entered one 1099-R, the one for his RMD.

dmertz

TurboTax has no ability to calculate RMDs.  RMDs are whatever amount you tell TurboTax is an RMD.  If a distribution was omitted from line 15, it means that either you failed to enter it or it got entered on line 16 instead (either because the RMD was from a retirement account other than an IRA or because you overlooked marking the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE box when you entered the Form 1099-R).
fanfare