Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8915F-T for Tax Year 2023

In 2022 I took a 2021 disaster distribution and elected to spread the income over 3 years.  This is year two of the 3 years so I have to file form 8915 F to include the additional income.  The website states that form 8915 F is available online and on the desktop software.  I have updated my desktop software and while the form is there it says DO NOT FILE and the program tells me it cannot be filed because the form is not ready yet.  When will this form be ready to file since the website states it is already available?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Please clarify which version of TurboTax for Desktop that you are using. Windows or Mac? Deluxe? Premier? Home and Business? Form 8915-T is ready to file in most versions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@PatriciaV 

Windows Version of Desktop Software for Home and Business

did you get an answer for this? i am having the same problem for home and business.  it won't let me file it

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Form 8915-F does show as being available on the Form Availability List. However there are some software updates being implemented that have resulted in a delay. There will be two separate updates to the form. The first is anticipated on the 22nd and the second is anticipated on the 29th. After those dates, update your software if you are in the desktop version of the software, and try to proceed with your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies