turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

form 8915F delay for e-filing

Why does 1040 Form 8915F update continue to be delayed for e-filing my Federal tax return from windows desktop?  This has become an unacceptable delay and reflects badly on the Turbo Tax team.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Form 8915-F does show as being available on the Form Availability List.  However there are some software updates being implement that have resulted in a delay.  Please check back after 3/15/2024, update your software if you are in the desktop version of the software, and try to proceed with your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The post I received was not an adequate response to my inquiry.   So far I have received 3 different dates, each a week later, for the projected update of the missing form 8915F, which is holding up my filing of my federal taxes ( and my refund).  This obfuscation is flat out unacceptable.

I have received three different dates too…oh check next week next week next week….and they keep doing this. So many people cannot process and the company is not doing anything about it. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Form 8915-F does show as being available on the Form Availability List.  However there are some software updates being implement that have resulted in a delay.  Please check back after 3/15/2024, update your software if you are in the desktop version of the software, and try to proceed with your return.

I am using online live version (Premium) so there is no need to update anything. And I still see the form showing as not ready yet.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Correct. Because it is not after 3/15/2024 yet.

Okay, it is now past 3/15 so when will it be ready? Many of us are trying to determine if we should go to another source to get our taxes done over this issue. We need confirmation of a date it will be done and confirmation that it will be ready by April 15th.  

LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

Form 8915-F is currently available. 

• If you are using TurboTax Online the program will automatically update, you should clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.
  • If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.
    • Make sure you have ran all the updates

@coffeekeith 

Thank you for the response but this is not accurate. When using this form using live online premium it states that this section is not ready and to check back later. It has been like this for at least a month. There are numerous discussions on this and all of them had a 3/15 resolution date that has now passed and the situation remains the same. This is not a user error. I have tried to delete the form and redo it, I have used another browser, I have cleared my cache and nothing works. This is a software problem. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Form 8915-F does show as being available on the Form Availability List. However there are some software updates being implemented that have resulted in a delay. There will be two separate updates to the form. The first is anticipated on the 22nd and the second is anticipated on the 29th. After those dates, update your software if you are in the desktop version of the software, and try to proceed with your return.

Thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies