Form 8606

dvwrld

Form 8606

How do I know Form 8606 is being filed? It does not show on the listing of forms when I switch from easy step to forms, however when I do a search for the form, I do find it with my basis info filled in. (I'm concerned that I haven't filed the form each year as these non-deductible contributions were made a number of years ago.

dmertz

Form 8606

If in 2020 you made no new nondeductible contributions for 2020, made no distributions from a traditional IRA, made no nonqualified distributions from a Roth IRA and did no Roth conversions in 2020, it's correct that your 2020 tax return does not include Form 8606.  The basis shown on line 14 of your most recently filed Form 8606 still shows your correct basis in nondeductible traditional IRA contributions.

Always retain a copy of your most recently filed Form 8606

DanaB27

Form 8606

You can verify if your Form 8606 was included in your filings by clicking on "Print Center" in the top right. Then select "All official Forms required for filing". You should see Form 8606 included in the list that appears on the right.