eskasoni23

Fidelity issued a 1099-R to me in error. They are correcting their mistake but it will take several weeks. What risk, if any, if I file and not mention the 1099-R at all?

MichaelL1

If you are positive the 1099R is going to be corrected and none should be issued at all, then you can file and leave it off.

If not sure, I would wait.

If you do file and then they issue you one with new numbers on it, you would have to file an amended return, which must be paper filed.  If you do it by the due date 4-17-2018 there is no interest charged if also paid by that date. 

MichaelL1

If not sure, I would wait.

eskasoni23

Thanks Michael!
MichaelL1

My pleasure!